Monday, March 27, 2006

Happy Birthday!

Today is my husband’s birthday, and I bought myself a present. Yep. You heard me right. It’s his birthday, and I got myself a present.

Before you throw tomatoes at me, let me explain that my purchase was not completely self-serving. In fact, I’d venture to guess that you’d do the same thing in my position. It’s a purchase that any wife who cherishes her husband would gladly make.

It's this great new t-shirt. Whaddya think?

Okay, I admit it. There probably wasn’t any doubt in anyone’s mind that I love my husband. But I can honestly say that now, in our 15th year of marriage, my enjoyment and delight in him has grown to new depths. But with that growth, God has also shown me where I fall short in encouraging him. Oh, I can rationalize it in my mind. First I was a mom of babies and toddlers...I was tired...I was busy...I’m homeschooling three boys...I’m ministering here...serving there...blah, blah, blah. Surely he knows that I love him.

But God has convicted me in recent months that I need to actively affirm my husband and build him up. I shouldn’t take for granted that he knows it. I need to actively plan, actively listen, actively encourage, actively cherish, actively pray. I can’t do all this on my own, but God delights in filling me with exactly what I need to love and encourage the amazing man He’s given to me.

Happy, Happy Birthday, my love! I praise God, for you are fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are His works; my soul knows it very well.

Here's the website where you can purchase your very own "i love my husband" t-shirt: http://s128357773.onlinehome.us/store/

0 comments: