This is the week. One by one, our kids are leaving.
I don't like it. It hurts.
One of our girls came over to talk on Friday afternoon. It was probably our last talk like that in quite some time, as she leaves for college later this week.
As we swung on the porch swing, I found myself overwhelmed by the bond God has given us. I thanked Him that He's placed my husband and me in a place of some small influence in the lives of our kids...that we get to echo the words of their parents in their hearts. I thanked Him for the privilege of discipling them and encouraging them and pointing them to the Truth of God's Word. And I silently thanked God for the daughters He's richly and miraculously provided for me. Oh, our God knows our hearts and our longings. He always provides us with His best.
After she left, my husband returned home. As I told him some of what my heart was feeling, I began to cry. And I told him that of the 15 years we've been in the ministry and the multiple times we've been down this road, this year is the most painful of all.
He said that's what I say every year.
And I guess I do.
To each of our graduates who are about to take off...we thank God for the privilege of loving you and being loved by you. Know that we'll be faithful to pray that you wholeheartedly follow after Christ; that He guards your hearts and minds; that He satisifies your every longing with Himself.
There are no regrets in serving Jesus, dear ones...
Monday, August 20, 2007
Take-Off
Posted by Nikki at 10:05 PM
Labels: Youth Ministry
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment