Due to the fact that our two older boys are away at camp this week, we've enjoyed all-too-rare one-on-one time with our youngest son throughout these past days. Those of you who read my blog regularly (or know us in real life) know that he is quite the little character...so much like his dad. Each of them has been blessed with a natural God-given ability to make people laugh and feel at ease.
A few days ago I asked my son if he'd go out on a date with me this week. His response is one for the memory book:
"Um...Mom? That word makes me feel uncomfortable. Can we call it a 'get-together' or 'appointment'?"
I told you he cracks me up! Needless to say, we enjoyed our little get-together at one of his favorite restaurants this morning. There was no room or time for awkward silence. The conversation flowed easily as we ate our breakfasts, and I smiled inside as I took in the little man across the table from me. How I thank God for his unique make-up...his zest for life...his sense of adventure...his ability to laugh often and much.
Thank you, my son, for showing your mom a delighful time at our get-together. I'll be looking forward to our next appointment with great anticipation...
Friday, July 20, 2007
A Date With My Son
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment