Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Little Things Mean A Lot

We bought a new digital camera last October. It served us well throughout our vacation to Washington D.C. and early winter.

But then in February, it met its untimely demise on the ceramic floor of our church kitchen. I'd had it with me when preparing for our annual Sweetheart Banquet, and as I set it on the counter, I accidentally got my finger caught in its strap while I was pulling away from it, causing it to crash onto the floor. A small piece inside the battery compartment broke off, preventing the battery door (and hence the batteries) from properly connecting. Needless to say, I felt sick. Our four-month-old camera...piffed.

Duct tape served us well for these past several months, though we'd frequently have to attach and re-attach fresh duct tape while the frustrated subject matter of our photos urged us to hurry up through gritted teeth.

Finally, my husband made an executive decision that it was time for a real, lasting fix. He contacted our camera's customer service and got a repair quote (which was still much less than a whole new camera).

And today, my heart did a little dance as I spied the Fedex man standing on my porch with a small box in hand. Who knew that something as simple as a fully-working, fully-functioning camera could bring such delight to a mid-week afternoon?

My husband knows how much I value and treasure photos of the ones we love...so I just want to shout out a big THANKS to him for understanding that accidents happen and rolling with it; for remedying the situation; and for taking care of and providing for me so faithfully!

4 comments:

Jon said...

I'm so selfish! I only did it to get more pictures of YOU ;).

Laura Lu said...

i love it when the fed-ex or ups guy stops in front of my house. i sit by the window waiting for them to make it up to the door. it is so exciting to rip open the box and get out what's inside! :)

yay for a working camera!!!!!!!

taniawillis said...

YAY! now, go take some pictures. and share them with me! heehee. i would go a little crazy without my camera. true story.

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet of your hubby! I, too love his comment! You have a sweet relationship! Praise the Lord for the good Christian hubbies out there! I know I am thankful for mine!
SchoolinRHome