How do I begin to sum up a week-long family vacation to the Pacific Northwest?
The reunion of all 13 members of my family too long apart?How do I narrow down more than 500 pictures to a select few that tell the story and give a snapshot of God's grace stamped all over the place?
How do I adequately express the beauty experienced, the wonder beheld, the deep heart connections made?
Throughout the week, I found myself repeatedly saying, "This is crazy!"
Never before had I seen sea lions, seals, and whales in the wild!
Yaquina Head
My husband, brother, and dad.
Seafood doesn't get any fresher than this! We enjoyed a completely delicious and memorable meal here---the crab cakes were delish (and I hear the crab po'boys were fabulous, as well)!
Visiting the tide pools and discovering (and touching) starfish and sea anemones!
Haystack Rock ~ Cannon Beach
A magical night: so fun to be together!
No trip to Portland would be complete without a visit to a Farmer's Market.
Multnomah Falls ~ breathtaking!
Several members of our family hiked to the top of the falls.
It was a tough hike in flip flops and record-breaking heat, but---
we made it!
I treasured time with my beautiful nieces.
This was an incredibly sweet day filled with repeated reminders of God's faithfulness. He provided and cared for us in so many miraculous ways!
We celebrated my niece's 13th birthday at the family fun center. Here are the go-karters!
We took advantage of ready-access to cherry limeades and shakes at Sonic. Sweet memories!
My brother and sister-in-love
Enjoying downtown Portland food trucks
Coffee is a shared interest obsession. We drank a lot of it.
My heart is filled with so many sweet memories.
I'm beyond thankful for our shared moments, laughter, stories, and lives.
4 comments:
What an amazing vacation! I'm glad you had such a great time with your family. :) :)
Oh how wonderful for you all to be together sharing precious memories!
I don't know how you manage being so far apart from family but thankful for the special times you do have together.
Looks like a beautiful place! I wonder, but how did you decide where to go?
Looks like an amazing week of togetherness and refreshment - so thankful for God's faithfulness and your time together. Love you!
Wow, looks like a great trip! It's a pretty cool place huh?
Post a Comment